Carbon Reduction Plan.
Supplier name: Project Etopia Group UK
Publication date: 3rd October 2022
Commitment to achieving Net Zero.
Project Etopia is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050.
Baseline Emissions Footprint.
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
Additional Details relating to the Baseline Emissions calculations:
Our footprint has been calculated by One Carbon World and has confirmed the carbon generated, however this was not split across the three scopes.
Baseline year emissions:
Emissions = TOTAL (tCO2e)
150.85 tonnes CO2e / £1,361 ‘000 turnover = 0.11 tonnes of CO2e per ‘000 £ turnover.
Current emissions reporting.
Emissions = TOTAL (tCO2e)
Scope 1 = 21.33
Scope 2 = 54.18
Scope 3 (Included Sources) = 92.82
168.83 tonnes CO2e / £5,680 ‘000 turnover = 0.03 tonnes of CO2e per ‘000 £ turnover.
Emissions reduction targets.
In order to continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets. We aim to decrease our carbon emissions yearly by 25% based on tonnes of CO2e per ‘000 £ turnover, this will see us achieve net zero in 2040.
Progress against these targets can be seen in the graph below:
Carbon reduction projects.
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives…
The following environmental management measures and projects completed or implemented since the 2019/20 baseline.
Using our performance indicator of turnover, the relative emissions in 2020/21 were stated as 0.03 tC02e per ‘000 turnover compared with0.11 tC02e in 2019/20. This is a 73% reduction.
We operate in line with the UNSustainable Goals currently achieving compliance with 9 and aspiring to achieve12.
We have been certified under ISO14001 for the last year and have implemented the following strategies for carbon reduction; upgraded all our facilities to be LED/PIR lighting, all machinery is to be switched off when not in use, transitioning to alternative/renewable energy sources for our electricity supply.
The Carbon Footprint of Project Etopia Group for 2020 - 2021 has been measured at 168.83 tonnes. Therefore 169tonnes equivalent of carbon credits from both verified international afforestation projects and from United Nations clean development mechanism projects will be retired in the name of Project Etopia Group by One Carbon World.
With the retirement of these credits, the Carbon Footprint of Project Etopia Group for the period 01/04/2020to 31/03/2021 will be off-set to 0.00 tonnes and means that Project Etopia Group have satisfied the criteria required to achieve the One Carbon WorldCarbon
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
- We plan to become net zero carbon by 2050 and have targeted the following on our journey to achieve this. To achieve this we are planning the following carbon reduction projects:
- Reduction in Material Use - Our design process has been developed to eliminate where possible and minimise where not, the use of gluelam beams.
- Sustainable materials – We are working with our supply chain to ensure that all the materials needed to produce our products have been responsibility sources, that have been Independently certified EnvironmentalManagement System (EMS).
- Reducing our energy use in the manufacturing and transportation – In the next 10 years we plan to build a purpose-built manufacturing and logistics hub, centrally located to reduce travel between our sites. The factory will be designed to achieve an EPC rating of A and there is a desire to utilise green power sources.
- Reducing our energy use in our office locations – In the next 5 years we will relocate the office to a central location and the building with achieve an EPC rating of A.
- Reduction in Carbon from Transportation – We plan to implement a green transport policy where all company vehicles will be electric and that car allowance schemes will be based on the emissions of the vehicles.
Declaration and sign-off.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions have been reported in accordance with SECR requirements, and the required subset of Scope 3 emissions have been reported in accordance with the published reporting standard for CarbonReduction Plans and the Corporate Value Chain(Scope 3) Standard.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors (or equivalent management body).
Signed on behalf of the supplier:
30th September 2022